Location: Wynyard Hall, Tees Valley
Client: Cameron Hall Developments
Status: Completed Summer 2014
Wynyard Hall is a Grade II* listed country house dating from 1846 which sits within an expansive area of landscaped parkland. Sir John Hall acquired the Wynyard Estate in 1987 and embarked upon a programme to restore the historic hall and parkland, with the hall opening to visitors as a four-star luxury hotel in 2008.
The estate’s Walled Garden has recently been transformed to provide a series of tourist attractions, providing an appropriate setting for public enjoyment for what has been privately appreciated for centuries. As part of this, IDPartnership designed a 700-seater Grand Marquee which opened in summer 2014, and was shortlisted at the 2015 RICS North East Renaissance Awards in the Tourism & Leisure category.