Wynyard, Tees Valley
Client: Cameron Hall Developments
Wynyard Hall is a grade II* listed country house dating from 1846 which sits within an expansive area of landscaped parkland. Sir John Hall acquired the Wynyard Estate in 1987 and embarked upon a programme to restore the historic hall and parkland, with the hall opening to visitors as a four-star luxury hotel in 2008.
The estate’s Walled Garden is currently being transformed to provide a series of tourist attractions, providing an appropriate setting for public enjoyment for what has been privately appreciated for centuries. As part of this, IDPartnership designed a 700 seater Grand Marquee which opened in summer 2014, and was shortlisted at the 2015 RICS North East Renaissance Awards in the Tourism & Leisure category. The restored Walled Garden opened in August 2015, including the new Visitor Centre designed by IDP, which houses a café and farm shop.